We distinguish principally between two categories of company, depending on whether or not they have an in-house intellectual property (IP) management department:
Company without an IP department
→ You are, for example, an innovative SME.
A significant proportion of our client base comprises companies just like yours. We are therefore aware of how difficult it might be for you to manage your IP efficiently and effectively, given the human and also financial resources that administration of this type requires.
The following are a few key points in our approach, aimed at offering a best response to your specific expectations and resources:
- a single member of our team will take care of all the IP aspects of your project, from start to finish
- he/she can also advise you concerning aspects that are not strictly the remit of IP
- for further details on what we are able to offer, see our services section.
Availability and a proactive approach
- we endeavor to respond to your questions as quickly as possible; you can therefore get directly in touch with your contact who will undoubtedly become your first point of call
First meeting free of charge
- to enable us to gain an overview of your project, your wishes and your resources
- to enable us to offer you a personalized initial approach and also an estimated budget, with no obligation
- to enable us to answer any general questions you may have
Competitive rates and transparent costs
- we provide you in advance with cost estimates for the completion of each important step so that you can avoid nasty surprises and make your choices in full knowledge of the facts
- our invoices are detailed and indicate the various components of each service we provide (attorney fees, official fees, expenses, other disbursements)
Team of specialists
These specialists are as well-versed in your specific field of activity, as they are in that of intellectual property law, so that:
- they can rapidly understand your innovation and ascertain its essential points
- they can acquire and defend your rights beyond purely formal aspects while calling upon all our technical, scientific and legal expertise
Company with an IP department
→ You are, for example, a multinational with your own IP specialists, but you nevertheless need the assistance of external advisers from time to time.
Our experience with a number of multinationals has taught us that you set great store by professionalism, reputation, the ability to tackle subjects within your technological field, and, of course, costs.
We firmly believe that we can meet your expectations, by virtue of the following assets:
- we have a team of experienced, registered attorneys (Belgian Patent Office, EPO, WIPO, BOIP, EUIPO) and also professionals extremely well-versed in their technical and legal areas.
- we know a number of languages, including the three official EPO languages (French, English, German).
- we are based near Brussels, the seat of the principal European institutions and a stone’s throw from the EPO (Munich, The Hague).
- thanks to our location and multilingual skills, we are able to offer services at very competitive rates as compared with those charged in other major European cities such as, for example, Paris, London or Munich.
- our experience with multinationals covers over 20 years, in the areas of the acquisition of rights and their defense, in which sphere we have successfully participated in a number of international disputes.